We are proud to announce we are now a corporate partner of the Wychwood Project. The Wychwood Project is a registered charity that uses the focus of the Royal Hunting Forest of Wychwood to encourage local people to understand, conserve and restore its rich mosaic of landscapes and wildlife habitats.
They aim to:
- Raise awareness of, and appreciation for, the history and identity of Wychwood
- Conserve and restore the distinctive character of the landscape within the Norman Royal Hunting Forest boundaries
- Maintain and enhance a wide range of wildlife and habitats to encourage bio-diversity
- Promote and support systems of land management in a working landscape which respect the history, characteristic landscapes and habitats of the area
- Promote and support woodland management and increased levels of woodland planting in appropriate locations
- Encourage and assist all those who live and work in the area to understand the importance of conservation, and to become involved.
- We also own or manage four conservation areas: Foxburrow Wood, Grimes Meadow, Woodstock water meadows and Wigwell Nature Reserve.
By supporting the Wychwood Project and the work they do, we feel as though we are reducing our carbon footprint, the team restore the counties landscapes planting more trees and plants to encourage local wildlife to thrive.
For more information please visit the Wychwood Project website
North Leigh Scout Group
We have close ties with the North Leigh Scout Group with several members of our team volunteering with the group. NLSG plan several events throughout the year including an 18 mile hike across the West Oxfordshire country side and an annual Duck Race.
For more information please visit North Leigh Scout Group website