Data Protection Policy
As we are sure you are aware as of the 25thMay new data protection laws are coming into play, below you will find our updated data protection policy if you have any questions please do let us know.
Everyone who hires from us needs to provide us with documentation including their driving licence details and a statement or utility bill which lists their address on. These documents are required by our insurance company and mean we can make sure there is no fraudulent activity.
The personal data which is collected is stored on our system – Rent Assist, which is password protected. Our systems are not online. We also store a copy of all rental agreements in our filing cupboard in case there are any discrepancies after the hire – it is required we keep all hire agreements for seven years. These Agreements are locked away and a limited number of staff have access to these. All agreements after this seven-year period will be shredded on site at the Eurodrive Cowley Depot.
If you have emailed us we do not keep your email address on any databases and do not use this as a method of marketing. We simply reply to your enquiry and that is all your email is used for. If you go ahead with a booking your phone number will be kept on our system so we can tie it in with your booking and contact you should any issues arise. Our website is HTTPS so means any information provided by you online is protected.
We are committed to:
- Ensuring all data collected is used in a fair and lawful manner
- Ensuring that we comply with the eight data protection principles, as listed below
- Meeting our legal obligations as laid down by the Data Protection Act 1998
- Processing personal data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfill legal requirements
- Providing adequate security measures to protect personal data
- Ensuring that all staff are made aware of good practice in data protection
- Providing training for all staff, who are responsible for handling personal data
- Ensuring that everyone handling personal data knows where to find further guidance
- Ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and equally with regards to data collection there is no exception.
- Ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to the organisation, is dealt with effectively and promptly
- Regularly reviewing data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation.
V2 May 2018.